Teet’s Duck and Sausage Fajitas 06/17/2016
Teet’s Duck and Sausage Fajitas
By Luke Deville
I’m always looking for something new
to cook. I never thought I’d say this but rice and gravy can get old.
One night, I had some fresh ducks that I had harvested earlier in the
day and I did not know what to do with them. Should I pot roast them,
bake them, or try something new like fajitas? I hit the spot here with
the fajitas. This is one of my favorite recipes now!
Feel free to add a little more pepper to the recipe, it will not hurt!
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- Sour cream and jalapenos for toppings
Fajita Seasoning Recipe:
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Season whole duck breasts with fajita seasoning and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a skillet, preferably cast iron,
add oil, heat to medium heat then brown sausage and vegetables. Once
browned, remove from skillet.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat and add whole duck breasts and cook until medium rare, 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Once done, remove skillet from heat
and remove breasts from skillet. Slice into strips on cutting board. Add
meat, sausage, onions, and peppers back into skillet and serve.
- Place in tortillas and add toppings. I added sour cream, jalapenos, and Sriracha drizzled on top!
Tags: [duck and sausage, duck fajitas, fajitas, wildlife recipes]